<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Haven't really felt like writing anything in here lately... Something horrible happened here last Friday. A bomb exploded at our local shopping centre, killing 7 people and injuring over 80. It was really shocking to hear about it. Thank god none of my friends or family were hurt. Usually my brother hangs out at the shopping centre quite often but luckily last Friday he went to see a football game so he wasn't there when the explosion happened. I also used to work there so I was worried about my ex-work mates cos I didn't know if they were OK or not. The store is on the 3rd floor, just above the place where the bomb exploded. The guy who made the bomb was 19 years old - my age! What kind of a sick person does something like that?!? He was also one of the people who were killed. The police still don't know the motive. It was so unbelievable that something like this happened so nearby, until now I've felt quite safe going anywhere. And Finland's been relatively safe and crime free place... but now... I don't feel so safe anymore. I guess it takes something like this to realise that anything can happen anywhere and to remember how precious life really is.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?