<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Well, I've finally recovered enough from the concert that I can write down something about it <:) Needless to say, I had a fab time there!! :) :) :)

I arrived to the arena around 13:15 and was the 8th one in the queue. It was freezing cold outside but luckily I had prepared for it and had lots of clothes on. There was also a sports hall next to arena which was open and we could take turns to go there to get warm and have a cup of coffee :) I went to the concert alone but met some great people there. I queued with two girls, Katrin & Katariina, and it turned out that Katrin (Kitty KitKat on BBS) is a member in this group and she was wearing a shirt with the DHSS print! :) I just hadn't met her in here before cos she hasn't posted anything and you can't see the member list here at all. Anyways, it was really fun to meet them :)

The concert itself was amazing but I had expected to get to 1st row as I was at the arena so early. But as so many people jumped the queue and also the people who went to the soundcheck were allowed to stay inside the venue afterwards, I only made it to the 2nd row, slightly off centre. It was a great place though but as I was quite close to those 3 English girls (Hayesangel, TabooBabe and Jorol on BBS) who Darren recognised from the previous shows, they got a lot of eye contact from him but I was sort of in their shadow. Oh well, never mind <:)

In the beginning of the concert, Darren introduced Andy to us and talked about the accident that happened in Helsinki two years ago at Savage Garden's concert. It was good to see that Andy's fine now and I thought it was nice to bring him on stage :) He got lots of applauses!

My favourite songs were Good Enough and I'll Bet He Was Cool. It was a bit funny when most people around me didn't know the lyrics to IBHWC, it made me feel a bit special, sounds silly but oh well <:) I also LOVED the way he danced during that song!! OH MY GOD!
I was a bit disappointed that he only sang half of I Miss You (it's one of my favourite songs from Spin and I'd looked forward to hearing it) and there was no I Miss You -girl pulled to the stage and he didn't take any photos with people's cameras. But we got to hear The Animal Song which is just fabulous when it's played live :)

When the concert was over, we made it to the merchandise stand and I bought a black shirt with the text "DARREN HAYES, TOOCLOSEFORCOMFORT" in front of it. The poster where Darren's wearing that green jacket looked awesome but it was sold out just in front of my eyes, damn! After we had spent our money, we hung around there still for a while. Some guy came to the stand with a box full of posters and gave some of them to the few people who were standing nearby. I was so surprised & couldn't believe my luck and was just able to say thank you to the guy. I put it on my wall above my TV and now it feels like he's constantly watching me <:)

I was also VERY surprised that there was no security check whatsoever! Which meant that everyone could've had their cameras and water bottles etc. with them. I had my camera inside my bra fro the whole time I queued outside cos I really imagine that they wouldn't check our bags at all. I took a roll of films aand hopefully they'll turn out great! *fingers crossed* I'll get the pics on Friday and then I have to figure out how to get them on the net as I don't have a scanner :(

There's also one more thing... I'm still not over the fact how stupid I was... I would hit my head against the wall if I didn't know it hurts <:) I sort of figured Darren wouldn't be signing things after the concert cos it was so cold outside. But why oh why didn't I even go and check?!? Later I found out that he had in fact given out autographs after the concert! And I've been mad at myself ever since... how dumb can a person be? I had a chance to meet him and I didn't take it... aaaarrrggghhh... *hides herself from the shame shame shame* <:)

Oh well... so that was my little review :) Hope you liked it!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?