Sunday, March 02, 2003
Hmmmm... I don't know why I'm writing... I don't really have anything to say, hee hee... Another interesting week ahead of me <:) I think I'll just stay at home and if I have enough energy, I might go to the library tomorrow or on Tuesday. On Wednesday I'll get my hair dyed, well actually just highlighted but never mind. And then on Friday I migh go to my aunt's place, depends on their water situation... I'd like to see their dogs again though :) I haven't seen them since Christmas and I already miss them...
I just remembered that my driving licence expires on the 11th of April, damn. When we pass the driving test and get our licence here, it's only a temporary one which is valid for 2 years. I have to take a few more theory lessons and then the instructor will test me if I've learnt to drive well during this time after I got my licence. Only after that I can get a permanent licence... I don't know when I'll have the time to take those lessons but I should do it before my licence expires.
Now I'm also back to job-hunting... I'm only reading the ads right now, haven't sent out any applications yet. I'm just trying to find some nice work place first. So far I haven't seen anything interesting. I'd prefer to get a nice part-time job this time but it's not easy to find one :( I can't say I've enjoyed my previous jobs a lot... But I don't really have any specific qualifications so that I could get a job I would actually like. I can speak English but not Swedish and most tourist places require at least those kind of language skills. I saw an ad about some souvenir shop which sounded interesting but they required English, Swedish AND German skills (and Russian, French, Spanish etc. brought extra points) so that's the end of that story. I'd like to work in some place where I could speak English and meet a lot of foreigners and travellers but I doubt no one would employ me. I only have experience as a salesperson. Well, keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll manage to find some job :)
I just remembered that my driving licence expires on the 11th of April, damn. When we pass the driving test and get our licence here, it's only a temporary one which is valid for 2 years. I have to take a few more theory lessons and then the instructor will test me if I've learnt to drive well during this time after I got my licence. Only after that I can get a permanent licence... I don't know when I'll have the time to take those lessons but I should do it before my licence expires.
Now I'm also back to job-hunting... I'm only reading the ads right now, haven't sent out any applications yet. I'm just trying to find some nice work place first. So far I haven't seen anything interesting. I'd prefer to get a nice part-time job this time but it's not easy to find one :( I can't say I've enjoyed my previous jobs a lot... But I don't really have any specific qualifications so that I could get a job I would actually like. I can speak English but not Swedish and most tourist places require at least those kind of language skills. I saw an ad about some souvenir shop which sounded interesting but they required English, Swedish AND German skills (and Russian, French, Spanish etc. brought extra points) so that's the end of that story. I'd like to work in some place where I could speak English and meet a lot of foreigners and travellers but I doubt no one would employ me. I only have experience as a salesperson. Well, keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll manage to find some job :)
Comments:
Post a Comment