<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 04, 2003

Finland won 9-0 against Ukraine today! Yeah! :) But yesterday we lost to Slovakia 5-1 :((( The two last goals were so stupid. The game was almost over when Finland took away the goalie so they could have an extra player but unfortunately the Slovaks managed to score twice after that... blah... well, the last game of the qualifying round for Finland is against Germany on Tuesday. Finland shouldn't have any problems winning that game.

So... I saw Rudy yesterday :) Quite briefly though. I went to pick him up at the airport and then we came back to my place for an hour before he had to leave for Tampere. I told him about my co-ordinator plans and the first thing he said was "are you crazy?!" :D hehe... Well, I guess I am. But he only said that cos he knows that it's hard work. And yeah, I'm aware of it, but like I've said before, I'm up for the challenge. And me and Nick have been planning the project a bit already and we're both excited about it. I really do believe that we'll have a fun time on the project.

Well, it's now a week since I started at my new job so I think I'm qualified to complain about it already, don't you think? :D Rob made a list of pros and cons in his journal which gave me an idea to do one as well. I remember that I've once done a list of likes and dislikes about my school so I guess it's time to do one about my job. So here we go...

Pros:
1) Most of the people I work with are really nice. Even my boss is nice although she has the worst memory ever and she seems clueless about things quite often <:) And I have to tell her what to do *rolls eyes* <:) But I'm able to make suggestions to her which is great and most of the time she listens to me if she can stay focused for two seconds.
2) The pay is alright, especially if I work Saturday or Sundays cos we get some extra then. So I'm able to save money and travel to England in the summer :)
3) Sometimes it's so slow in the mornings that I have no customers and nothing to do. I sometimes even play the snake game on my mobile, hee hee. I'm getting quite good at it now! :D
4) Can't think of any more... haha

Cons:
1) The location. The store is in the neighbouring city so I have to take two trains and a bus to get there (although the connections are quite good so if I'm lucky the journey only takes me about 50 minutes, 40 mins in the morning)
2) The location. Cos my work place is not in Helsinki, I need another kind of ticket than I would normally have which is bloody expensive :( I think it's almost twice as expensive as my normal ticket which I can use only in Helsinki.
3) I normally work only 6 hours a day which means I get only one 10 mins long break. Have you ever tried to eat lunch in such a short time? I'm used to eating a warm meal for lunch and now all of a sudden I can't do it cos of the lack of time so I get very hungry during the day and sometimes end up with stomach ache cos of that. Not nice.
4) The annoying customers. The ones that complain about everything. If they're in a bad mood, they take it out on me. It's awful :( Some people can be very nasty if they want to and even when I try not to take everything they say personally, it doesn't always help. And I have to remain nice and polite all the time, no matter what they say. Grrr...
5) We don't have enough employees. It's so ridiculous. The store is quite big but only a handful of people are working there at the same time. Sometimes the queues are loooooong and if I get an unknown item, there's no one to ask for the code or price. Grrr... And if the customers can't find anyone else to complain to, they always seem find me. How great.
5) Saturdays are a complete nightmare. It's the busiest day of the week for us and cos there's not enough employees and too many customers, the result is a chaos most of the time. Saturdays are so busy that it's good if I even have time to breath before the next customer.

Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll come up with new stuff after I've posted this <:) Well, I'm off to get some sleep now, I have work tomorrow (or actually today cos it's past midnightnow ) so I can't sleep in even though it's Sunday... :( But working Sundays means double pay so I'm not complaining ;)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?