Thursday, May 01, 2003
Heeyyy!!! Gosh, I haven't written anything for ages <:-o I have so much to tell that I don't even know where to begin! :) Hmmm... Let's start from last week. Last Tuesday I got the greatest news ever, it was about my co-ordinator placement *grins* I'm gonna be one of the co-ordinators on the Peak Park project in August *jumps up and down* I'm so excited! But a bit terrified too... I've never done anything like that before! Well, I'm up for the challenge anyway and I'll do my best to make the project successful and fun :) I'm gonna be co-ordinating with an English guy called Nick, he's 24 and sounds like a cool person so I'm sure we'll get along just fine :) He did a project in the Golden Gate National Park in the US last year so he has some volunteering experince but like me he has never co-ordinated a project before so we're both newbies so to speak. I'm already looking forward to that project!! Too bad there's still 3 months to go before it but hopefully time will fly :) After I found out about my co-ordinator placement, I sent my application forms to the Finnish organisation called Allianssi. I'm hoping to do another project before the one in the Peak Park. I chose four options just in case the first project I chose is already full. So now I'm just waiting impatiently to hear back from the organisation... I'll keep you posted :)
So, moving on to last Thursday. I went to visit my work place, just to see what kind of a place it is cos I had never been there before. Then I went to school and I saw the health studies teacher and asked him whether I have to take the exam again or do some kind of an assignment in order to get a course mark and guess what?! He said no!! So that was like the easiest course I've ever taken!!! :D I read parts of the text book, went to take the exam and knew absolutely nothing! In the exam I explained the medical words and wrote a bit about asthma and that was it! And I passed the course! Amazing! :D Hehe. I also took care of some other things when I was there so now I have no unfinished things left at school, everything has been taken care of. The next time I have to go there will be on the 30th of May when I'll have the rehearsal for the graduation. I'm so happy that I only have to step inside that building only twice again and then I can forget everything. Isn't life just great?!? :) :) :) ihihihii...
Hmmm... Moving on to last Friday. I went to see 'The Hours' at the cinema and I loved it :) I thought it was very good! It was a bit confusing at first but it got a lot better towards the end :) After the movie I went to walk around the city centre and visited some shops. I wanted to see if there were already a lot of foreigners in Helsinki and indeed, they were everywhere :) There must be thousands of foreign hockey fans in Finland at the moment. On Saturday the much awaited Ice Hockey World Championship games started :) The preliminary round is now over and Finland won the games against Austria (5-1) and Slovenia (12-0) but lost to the Czech Republic (2-1). The next game is tomorrow and it's against the present world champion Slovakia. I'm gonna miss the first period of the game cos I finish at work at 4pm which is exactly when the game starts :( aarrrgghh... I'm gonna have to listen to the game on the radio and try to get home as quickly as possible. Hopefully Finland will win but I'm a bit doubtful... Well, fingers crossed, eh? :)
Tomorrow evening Rudy will also come back from Belgium so I'm gonna go and pick him up from the airport :) It'll be great to see him again but I'm pretty sure he won't be able to shut up about the Shakira concert :D hehe...
So, moving on to last Thursday. I went to visit my work place, just to see what kind of a place it is cos I had never been there before. Then I went to school and I saw the health studies teacher and asked him whether I have to take the exam again or do some kind of an assignment in order to get a course mark and guess what?! He said no!! So that was like the easiest course I've ever taken!!! :D I read parts of the text book, went to take the exam and knew absolutely nothing! In the exam I explained the medical words and wrote a bit about asthma and that was it! And I passed the course! Amazing! :D Hehe. I also took care of some other things when I was there so now I have no unfinished things left at school, everything has been taken care of. The next time I have to go there will be on the 30th of May when I'll have the rehearsal for the graduation. I'm so happy that I only have to step inside that building only twice again and then I can forget everything. Isn't life just great?!? :) :) :) ihihihii...
Hmmm... Moving on to last Friday. I went to see 'The Hours' at the cinema and I loved it :) I thought it was very good! It was a bit confusing at first but it got a lot better towards the end :) After the movie I went to walk around the city centre and visited some shops. I wanted to see if there were already a lot of foreigners in Helsinki and indeed, they were everywhere :) There must be thousands of foreign hockey fans in Finland at the moment. On Saturday the much awaited Ice Hockey World Championship games started :) The preliminary round is now over and Finland won the games against Austria (5-1) and Slovenia (12-0) but lost to the Czech Republic (2-1). The next game is tomorrow and it's against the present world champion Slovakia. I'm gonna miss the first period of the game cos I finish at work at 4pm which is exactly when the game starts :( aarrrgghh... I'm gonna have to listen to the game on the radio and try to get home as quickly as possible. Hopefully Finland will win but I'm a bit doubtful... Well, fingers crossed, eh? :)
Tomorrow evening Rudy will also come back from Belgium so I'm gonna go and pick him up from the airport :) It'll be great to see him again but I'm pretty sure he won't be able to shut up about the Shakira concert :D hehe...
Comments:
Post a Comment