<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 08, 2003

I had a day off from work today but I didn't really get much done. I slept in and then watched last Saturday's Fearfactor UK on video <:) Then I went to town to sort out my driving licence thing. I went to a police station where I had to wait an hour before it was my turn. They took away my expired licence (sob, sob... didn't get to keep it as a memory... my very first licence) and gave me a new one which is basically just a piece of paper with my photo on it. I'll get the plastic one in June. A word of advice: if your country has the same kind of a licence system as Finland, don't let your temporary licence get expired. I had to pay 72.30 € (!!!! I wasn't happy!) for the new permit and licence... GRRRRRR... Well, luckily I had enough money with me, I think I left the police station with only a euro... poor me. Now I'll have to talk my dad into paying that money for me. *Fingers crossed* <:) I was supposed to go shopping after that but it was kind of impossible cos I had no more money on me so I just came back home. I managed to write one letter today which I'm pleased about cos I feel awful for not having being able to write to some of my pen pals for ages :( My hand still aches every time I write more than a few sentences so writing a long letter literally takes forever. My apologies to everyone who's waiting to hear from me! I haven't forgotten you!!

Well, in the evening my mom surprised me in a big way. When she came home from work, she asked me about the volunteer project I'm gonna do in South England in July. Apparently she had heard about it from my aunt. And she asked me what I was planning to do between the projects. And here's the surprising part: she offered to pay for all my hostel expenses for the whole week! :) I was so amazed that I didn't even know what to say. I wanted to ask her why she wanted to pay but decided not to in case she'd change her mind. So that was like the surprise of the year or something :)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?