Wednesday, May 07, 2003
Today was quite a nice day for a change :) Only one complaining customer so my day didn't get ruined. It was also slow and quiet again so I was able to spent some time playing the snake game on my mobile and sending text messages, hehe <:)
Now I'm getting ready to watch the Finland- Sweden hockey game. It'll be a nerve-racking game cos it's the quarterfinals now so only the one who wins will get to play in the semifinals. Fingers crossed that Finland will win... :) But I have a bad feeling about it... The Swedes are too good... Well, we'll see...
Yesterday I got a letter from Allianssi about the volunteer project I'm gonna do before the one in the Peak Park. I didn't get my first choise (which was a camp in South Wales) so I'm guessing the project was already full or there already was another Finn signed up for it. Well, I really don't mind :) So instead, I'm going to a camp in South England. So these are the projects I'm going on:
CONCUK07: MAGDALEN FARM
12-07-2003 to 26-07-2003
Type: ENVI CONS
Number of volunteers: 10
Ages: 18 to 25
Work: This new project is hosted by the Wessex Foundation a not for profit organisation that is committed to education for sustainability from the personal to the environmental. The Charity owns Magdalen Farm, a residential and education complex which is also a fully operating organic farm. Varied conservation tasks including pond clearing, gardening, building, possibly straw bale construction, a traditional and environmentally friendly method of building. Accommodation: In tents. Food provided by the Centre. Self catering. Location: On the Dorset/Somerset borders in the South of England situated in the beautiful Axe valley. Close to many historic places of interest and only 15 kilometres from the coast and Lyme Regis a typical English holiday resort. Terminal: Axminster or Dorchester train stations.
CONCUK13: PEAK PARK
04-08-2003 to 18-08-2003
Type: ENVI
Number of volunteers: 10
Ages: 18 to 25
Work: This ever popular environmental project is hosted by the Peak National Park Ranger Service. International volunteers have been supporting the rangers' conservation work at the Park since 1996. The Peak Park is the biggest National Park in the UK and is extremely popular with walkers and tourists during the summer months. Work: Concordia volunteers will work alongside local volunteers and Park rangers undertaking a variety of tasks including fencing, bridge construction and drainage. Accommodation: Brunts Barn Volunteer Centre. Cooking/shower facilities and beds provided - bring sleeping bags only. Location: Derbyshire. The Peak National Park became the first British National Park in 1951. It covers 1,438 square kilometres over 6 different counties and is surrounded by the great industrial towns of the North and Midlands. It includes areas of outstanding natural beauty Terminal: London or Manchester Airport. Grindleford train station.
Now I'm getting ready to watch the Finland- Sweden hockey game. It'll be a nerve-racking game cos it's the quarterfinals now so only the one who wins will get to play in the semifinals. Fingers crossed that Finland will win... :) But I have a bad feeling about it... The Swedes are too good... Well, we'll see...
Yesterday I got a letter from Allianssi about the volunteer project I'm gonna do before the one in the Peak Park. I didn't get my first choise (which was a camp in South Wales) so I'm guessing the project was already full or there already was another Finn signed up for it. Well, I really don't mind :) So instead, I'm going to a camp in South England. So these are the projects I'm going on:
CONCUK07: MAGDALEN FARM
12-07-2003 to 26-07-2003
Type: ENVI CONS
Number of volunteers: 10
Ages: 18 to 25
Work: This new project is hosted by the Wessex Foundation a not for profit organisation that is committed to education for sustainability from the personal to the environmental. The Charity owns Magdalen Farm, a residential and education complex which is also a fully operating organic farm. Varied conservation tasks including pond clearing, gardening, building, possibly straw bale construction, a traditional and environmentally friendly method of building. Accommodation: In tents. Food provided by the Centre. Self catering. Location: On the Dorset/Somerset borders in the South of England situated in the beautiful Axe valley. Close to many historic places of interest and only 15 kilometres from the coast and Lyme Regis a typical English holiday resort. Terminal: Axminster or Dorchester train stations.
CONCUK13: PEAK PARK
04-08-2003 to 18-08-2003
Type: ENVI
Number of volunteers: 10
Ages: 18 to 25
Work: This ever popular environmental project is hosted by the Peak National Park Ranger Service. International volunteers have been supporting the rangers' conservation work at the Park since 1996. The Peak Park is the biggest National Park in the UK and is extremely popular with walkers and tourists during the summer months. Work: Concordia volunteers will work alongside local volunteers and Park rangers undertaking a variety of tasks including fencing, bridge construction and drainage. Accommodation: Brunts Barn Volunteer Centre. Cooking/shower facilities and beds provided - bring sleeping bags only. Location: Derbyshire. The Peak National Park became the first British National Park in 1951. It covers 1,438 square kilometres over 6 different counties and is surrounded by the great industrial towns of the North and Midlands. It includes areas of outstanding natural beauty Terminal: London or Manchester Airport. Grindleford train station.
Comments:
Post a Comment