<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Hello :) Long time no see... I haven't written anything for AGES! Oops... Sorry about that.. <:) Well... I don't even know where to begin..

I left my job in Finland on the 18th of October. Then the following day I left for England and have now been in Leeds for almost 3 weeks. My boyfriend lives here so that's why I'm here as well <:) Might as well be here looking for a job than doing the same thing in Finland. I might get to go to a job interview this or next weekend so keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

I'm also looking for somewhere to stay but it's proven to be easier said than done. I've gone to see a few shared houses but one of the places was too expensive for me. The other one was a really nice house with a nice big room available but I don't think I'll get it, there are so many other people interested in the same room. And I'm not a student at the moment so they'll probably want someone who's a student too. Oh well, I'll just have to keep looking. I'm staying at Nick's place at the moment but need to find a place of my own as soon as possible. I don't want to overstay my welcome and I think that Nick's two house mates are already looking forward to me finding somewhere else to stay <:)

Leeds is not too bad, different to Helsinki though. There are so many cars here and too many students <:) I'm looking forward to the switching on of the Christmas lights.. How sad is that? <:) They've already put up all the lights but they haven't switched them on yet. I don't know when they'll do that but I bet the lights will look fabulous! :) My favourite street is the one which is decorated with sun-, moon- and star-shaped lights :) hihii..

So far I've been to quite many places in Leeds and Yorkshire. We've been to the Tropical World, Royal Armouries, Harewood House, the cinema (saw 'Finding Nemo' :D ), the Yorkshire Dales, Harrogate, Knaresborough.. I took some great pictures when we visited Knaresborough, I'll try to post a few of them sometime later! We're probably going to Whitby or Scarborough at the weekend. Today is the Guy Fawkes Night so we're going to see a bonfire and the fireworks later in the evening. I'm looking forward to that cos I've never been in England in November before so this will be the first Guy Fawkes Night for me <:)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?