Thursday, March 25, 2004
A big HELLO to you all!! :) Here's a little update from me (finally!)
Well, life in England isn't too bad <:) The spring's coming so that's nice :) At the moment I'm in the process of filling out some application forms. I'm hoping to start studying in Helsinki in August. I'm applying for two courses so that hopefully I'll at least get on to one of them. The other one is "Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management" and it's completely in English and the other one's "Travel Management" in Finnish. Both courses would last 3,5 years and they're at Haaga Institute Polytechnic near my home so that's part of the reason why I chose those courses. And after being away from Helsinki for a year, I don't really want to go and study anywhere else.
Nick just got offered a full time Landscape architect job near Leeds and it's for a company that he's always wanted to work for so he'll be staying in England at least for now. It'd be very difficult for him to find a good job in Helsinki and he's also still got a year left of his Urban Design course at the university here. I could also study here but here I'd have to pay and the course is free in Finland so I'd rather not pay <:)
Anyway, I'll be going to Helsinki in May and June cos there's an obligatory entrance exam and an interview for both of the courses (held one month apart just for my inconvinience.. grrr) so I need to go there for a few days just for that. I don't mind going home, of course, it's just that the flight tickets aren't exactly cheap.
My work's going alright as well :) I work in a posh little card shop in the centre of Leeds. It's a family business so I only work with my boss and sometimes with his sisters and they're all really nice. I quite enjoy it although it's only working in a shop <:) It's definitely better than my old job in Finland although I don't get paid here quite as well as I would in Finland. The shop is situated in a really nice and old shopping centre called Victoria Quarter where there are expensive little boutiques and designer shops. The cards we sell are mostly hand made ones. So the customers we get are all usually very friendly and they're looking for nice & special cards that aren't cheap. I also get to see famous (well, at least a bit famous :D) people at work. Yesterday there were two people from the TV programme Emmerdale (it's filmed just down the road from my place at Yorkshire Television studios). I always want to serve the people from Emmerdale and my boss always wants to serve any Leeds United players :D So we've got a good deal :D hehee...
Well I guess that's all the news from little old me.. <:)
Well, life in England isn't too bad <:) The spring's coming so that's nice :) At the moment I'm in the process of filling out some application forms. I'm hoping to start studying in Helsinki in August. I'm applying for two courses so that hopefully I'll at least get on to one of them. The other one is "Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management" and it's completely in English and the other one's "Travel Management" in Finnish. Both courses would last 3,5 years and they're at Haaga Institute Polytechnic near my home so that's part of the reason why I chose those courses. And after being away from Helsinki for a year, I don't really want to go and study anywhere else.
Nick just got offered a full time Landscape architect job near Leeds and it's for a company that he's always wanted to work for so he'll be staying in England at least for now. It'd be very difficult for him to find a good job in Helsinki and he's also still got a year left of his Urban Design course at the university here. I could also study here but here I'd have to pay and the course is free in Finland so I'd rather not pay <:)
Anyway, I'll be going to Helsinki in May and June cos there's an obligatory entrance exam and an interview for both of the courses (held one month apart just for my inconvinience.. grrr) so I need to go there for a few days just for that. I don't mind going home, of course, it's just that the flight tickets aren't exactly cheap.
My work's going alright as well :) I work in a posh little card shop in the centre of Leeds. It's a family business so I only work with my boss and sometimes with his sisters and they're all really nice. I quite enjoy it although it's only working in a shop <:) It's definitely better than my old job in Finland although I don't get paid here quite as well as I would in Finland. The shop is situated in a really nice and old shopping centre called Victoria Quarter where there are expensive little boutiques and designer shops. The cards we sell are mostly hand made ones. So the customers we get are all usually very friendly and they're looking for nice & special cards that aren't cheap. I also get to see famous (well, at least a bit famous :D) people at work. Yesterday there were two people from the TV programme Emmerdale (it's filmed just down the road from my place at Yorkshire Television studios). I always want to serve the people from Emmerdale and my boss always wants to serve any Leeds United players :D So we've got a good deal :D hehee...
Well I guess that's all the news from little old me.. <:)
Comments:
Post a Comment