Friday, August 06, 2004
A little hello from me :) Long time no see... How are you all doing? I hope everyone's fine :)
I'm back in Finland for a while, enjoying the sunshine and rest of the summer :) I lived and worked in England for 9 months altogether, it was a great experience! But it's nice to be back at home for a change and just have a rest. I finished working in Leeds two weeks ago and I came back to Helsinki about a week ago. And now I've just been resting at home <:) I didn't do any projects this summer because I was working in June and July so I couldn't. Did anyone do any projects anywhere? :)
About my studies.. Well, my non-existing studies more like <:) I haven't got such great news about that :( I want to study Travel & Tourism so in the spring I applied for two different courses in Helsinki. Unfortunately I got only a few points away from getting a study place. One of the courses was an English course "Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management" and the other one was a Finnish course "Travel Management". But because the courses are free in Finland, it's difficult to get on to a course. A lot of people apply for the courses and there are only a few places. So I've just got to wait a year and try again. Oh well, that's life.. I know I'll get on to one of those courses next year! I'll have to! <:)
So it looks like I've got another "free" year ahead of me... I'll go back to England in late September/early October and look for a new job, this time in the travel industry, hopefully. I'm hoping to find a job in Manchester this time and live somewhere about a half an hour away from Manchester.
What else can I tell you? Me and Nick are still together :) It amazes me sometimes <:) Not that we're still together but the fact that it's been a year since the Peak Park project :)
Well, that's about all the latest news I have.. <:)
I'm back in Finland for a while, enjoying the sunshine and rest of the summer :) I lived and worked in England for 9 months altogether, it was a great experience! But it's nice to be back at home for a change and just have a rest. I finished working in Leeds two weeks ago and I came back to Helsinki about a week ago. And now I've just been resting at home <:) I didn't do any projects this summer because I was working in June and July so I couldn't. Did anyone do any projects anywhere? :)
About my studies.. Well, my non-existing studies more like <:) I haven't got such great news about that :( I want to study Travel & Tourism so in the spring I applied for two different courses in Helsinki. Unfortunately I got only a few points away from getting a study place. One of the courses was an English course "Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management" and the other one was a Finnish course "Travel Management". But because the courses are free in Finland, it's difficult to get on to a course. A lot of people apply for the courses and there are only a few places. So I've just got to wait a year and try again. Oh well, that's life.. I know I'll get on to one of those courses next year! I'll have to! <:)
So it looks like I've got another "free" year ahead of me... I'll go back to England in late September/early October and look for a new job, this time in the travel industry, hopefully. I'm hoping to find a job in Manchester this time and live somewhere about a half an hour away from Manchester.
What else can I tell you? Me and Nick are still together :) It amazes me sometimes <:) Not that we're still together but the fact that it's been a year since the Peak Park project :)
Well, that's about all the latest news I have.. <:)
Comments:
Post a Comment